The author must hold all rights to their submitted work. Manuscripts may include poems that have been previously published in periodicals, anthologies chapbooks, or on the web, but the manuscript may not have been published as a larger body of work. Send a manuscript of 48-88 pages in a single document via our online submissions manager, Submittable.
- The text must be written in English.
- Please do not include your name or any other identifying material on the manuscript. Include a cover letter with the submissions manager links with your writer's bio including publications, (no publications are necessary). This will not be visible to the judges.
- Include a title page and Table of Contents page.
- If applicable, after the Table of Contents page, please include an acknowledgments page, this a list of poems that have published in journals, magazines, chapbooks, or anthologies.
- Each poem should start on a new page.
- Use Times New Roman or similar 12 pt font, with at least one-inch margins and pagination (numbered pages).
- Simultaneous submissions are acceptable, but please notify 3 Mile Harbor Press by officially withdrawing your work from the Submittable if your work is accepted elsewhere.
- Please include a one-paragraph writer's bio and your contact information in your cover letter (also via Submittable).
- Please be sure that your submission is your final version. Corrections and new versions will not be accepted.
- We only accept manuscripts via our Submittable.
- The reading fee is non-refundable.
- 3MH has the right to cancel the contest if there are not enough contestants.
- Judging: 3 Mile Harbor readers will do an initial blind reading of each entry and nominate the finalists. Publisher and editor, Paul Genega, will choose the winning entry from among the finalists. The final decision is at the sole discretion of the publisher.
- For non-winners, the results are final; there will be no further correspondence in regard to contest results.
Winner's book will be published in perfect-bound edition.